National Police Check now required for licence renewals
As part of new rules for plumbers’ licensing, applicants are now required to obtain a National Police History Check (NPHC) each time they renew their licence.
The Plumbers Licensing Board requested this power as one way to ensure applicants for renewal could show their fitness to hold a licence.
The cost is the responsibility of the applicant and the NPHC will be required each time an application for renewal is lodged (every three years).
Thanks to AuthNTick, MPGA members can obtain their NPHC at a significant discount rate of $40.00.
Checks AuthNTick Offer?
- Aged Care Staff/Volunteers
- Aged Care Key Personnel
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission – ASIC Employee
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission – Financial Licensing
- AUSTRAC Employee/Consultant
- Care of Intellectually Disabled Persons
- Care, Instruction or Supervision of Children
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority – ASSC
- Employee with Access to Secret or Top Secret Information
- Immigration Detention Centre Employment
- Immigration/Citizenship – Australia
- Law Enforcement/Intelligence or Security Agency Employee/Consultant
- Overseas Visa – Supply to a Country other than Australia
- Superannuation Trustee/Custodian/Investment manager
- Care, Instruction or Supervision of Children/ Care of Disabled Persons/Aged Care Staff/Volunteers
- Other Commonwealth Purpose ONLY
- Overseas Employment – General Employment
- Overseas Employment – Aged/Disabled care
- Overseas Employment – Teaching
- Overseas Employment – Working with Children
- Overseas Employment – Nursing, Hospital Employment
Once registered, you will have access to create a check for your staff. You can also invite others in your company to complete the checks, which will ensure they also are eligible for the discount.
AuthNTick is accredited by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission to provide National Police Checks across all industries and sectors where a criminal background check is required.
AuthNTick National Police Checks can be used for employment purposes including working with children or vulnerable people and are trusted across Australia.
The National Police Checking Service completes most police checks within 30 minutes, although in some cases, results can take up to 10 business days if the check has been referred to the police agencies for manual checking to ensure accuracy.
It is therefore important to ensure you complete the check with time to spare before your licence renewal is due.
For more information on the NPHC and other AuthNTick services, see https://www.authNTick.com.au