Auth N Tick is an accredited body certified by ACIC. We are an Australian company that offers national police checks, identity and biometrics verification services and checks, criminal background checks for employers and employees.
What is an accredited body?
Accredited bodies are:
- Australian Government departments and agencies
- state and territory government department and agencies
- local government departments and agencies
- not-for-profit organisations
- private sector businesses
- legislated working with children and/or vulnerable people screening units
- commercial broker organisations (who on-sell access to police checks to their customers and/or to individuals).
Accredited bodies may use the Service to request police checks with informed consent:
- of their own employees
- for any individual
- for another organisations (known as a legal entity customer or related government entity for the Service).
As an accredited body, we liaise between the ACIC and your customers who are applying for police checks.
We operate our services in line with required legislation, including the:
We also access the Service strictly in line with:
- the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- policy requirements, including the National Police Checking Service Standard
- the Agreement for controlled access by duly Accredited Bodies to Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Checks (Agreement) you sign with ACIC.
AuthNTick main responsibilities as an accredited body
Your main responsibilities relating to the Service and police checks are summarised here. They include:
- implementing privacy safeguards
- protecting personal information
- maintaining information security compliant with the Australian Government Information Security Manual
- collecting an applicant’s informed consent
- verifying an applicant’s identity
- sourcing the purpose for the application
- submitting the police check
- retaining accuracy of police information
- notifying applicants that police checks are complete
- providing results to applicants or requesting organisations
- providing applicants with the opportunity to dispute results
- destroying informed consent, personal information and police checks.
- We offer check results instantly on Auth N Tick user dashboard.
- We enable simple, fast and secure digital verification of users and offer fraud prevention services
For more information
- Phone: 1300 288 468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org