Non-Citizen Identity Documents – Work Rights Check

The Australian Government requires all visitors to Australia to have a valid Australian visa; where an international passport (current) is being presented as a primary use in the community document, a current Australian Visa must be included – a Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) printout is an accepted record of current visa status.

A VEVO check (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) will disclose whether a non-citizen has either no work entitlements, unlimited work entitlements or limited work entitlements (including any work conditions) in Australia. Our VEVO check is completed online and will provide fast verification of the following details:

  • Passport Number
  • Passport Nationality
  • Visa Type (class / subclass)
  • Visa Grant Date
  • Visa Expiry Date (if applicable)
  • Work Entitlement (including any conditions)

AuthNTick’s Australian VEVO Visa & Work Entitlement Check is useful for employers that need to offload the onerous task of manually validating an entire work force to ensure they’re employing legal workers.

Once applicants have satisfied the commencement of identity document requirement, they must provide evidence of their participation in the Australian community, as well as linking that evidence. Linking of the proof of identity documents is achieved by presenting a primary use in the community document that is also a photo identity document and ensuring that the personal details are the same.

An identity document may only be used once – and applicants must supply all four required documents from the three mandatory categories .

Applicants must provide a commencement of identity document that is an Australian identity document. For non-citizens, a commencement of identity document can include a Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) printout that you have confirmed as legitimate. You can also access an applicant’s VEVO account with their consent.

Translation of identity documents to English

If an identity document is provided in a language other than English, you must obtain an accredited translation from the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.

Get Work Rights Check with AuthNTick

Leave a Comment