What is Change of Name

If the applicant provides identity documents using a former name, such as a maiden name, they must provide evidence of the name change in addition to the four identify documents. This means providing a:

  • change of name certificate issued by the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages or
  • an Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted).

Leave a Comment